A trademark is a sign to identify the goods or services offered by an individual or a company, which shall refer to any sign with distinctiveness.
Such as words, devices, symbols marks, color, three-dimensional shape, motions, holograms, sounds, or any combination thereof.
Any associations, groups or organizations that has registered or applied for the registration of a collective trademark could distinguish their own goods or services from others by such trademark.
Collective Membership Marks:
Any associations, groups or organizations that has registered or applied for the registration of a collective membership trademark could identify themselves from others.
Any authorities that has registered or applied for the registration of a certification marks could use their own marks to identify the quality, origins, characteristics, etc. of their goods or services.
Formality Examination and Substantive Examination
10 years from the registration date
Within 6 months from the first filing date
The 10 years maintenance fee is included in the issue fee. The term is extendable within six (6) months before the expiration date.
- An applicant-signed Power of Attorney
- An image file of the trademark
- International classification and designated goods/services
- Name, address of the applicant, (and name, position of the applicant’s representative)
- A certified copy of the priority document if claiming for a priority right